Did you know that our board members are appointed by the County of Solano Board of Supervisors (two directors) and the City of Vallejo City Council (three directors)? It's true! This December it will be time to swear in two new directors, both appointed by the Vallejo City Council.
Applications are being accepted now through Tuesday, October 31st at 5pm.
Civic-minded residents of the district are encouraged to apply. See the city's press release below for more info (including other board and commission vacancies) and click the link to be taken directly to the online application.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 6, 2023
Dawn G. Abrahamson, City Clerk
firstname.lastname@example.org (707) 648-4527
THE CITY OF VALLEJO IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR BOARDS, COMMITTEES, AND COMMISSIONS
Vallejo, CA - The City of Vallejo is requesting applications to serve on a number of the City’s boards and commissions. Vallejo residents who are interested in serving on an advisory body are invited to submit an application and supplemental questionnaire for consideration.
There are currently openings on the following boards, commissions, and committees:
· Architectural Heritage & Landmarks Commission (2) terms expire 12/31/26
· Code Enforcement Appeals Board(1) term expires 12/31/27
· Commission on Culture & the Arts(2) terms expire 12/31/27
· Design Review Board(2) terms. 1 term to expire 6/30/24 and 1 term to expire 6/30/26
· Participatory Budget Steering Committee (3 alternates) terms expire 6/30/25
· Housing Authority (1) tenant commissioner) term to expire 12/31/24
· McCune Collection Commission (1) term to expire 6/30/24
· Surveillance Advisory Board-District 3 Member Only (1) term to expire 1/2/25
· Greater Vallejo Recreation District (GVRD) (2) terms to expire 12/2/27
For City Boards and Commissions, except for the Commission on Culture & the Arts, McCune Collection, Surveillance Advisory Board, and the Participatory Budgeting Steering Committee, all appointed members must complete and file a Statement of Economic Interests, Form 700, within 30 days of appointment. All City Board and Commission members must complete AB 1234 Ethics training and file a Certificate of Completion within 30 days of appointment.
In most instances, to be eligible for appointment, applicants must be residents of the City of Vallejo. Information regarding the duties of each board and commission and specific criteria for appointment may be found within each application. With some exceptions, appointments are typically for a term of 4 years.
The application period will close
Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 5:00 pm
Interviews with the City Council will be held in November and/or December. Specific dates will be announced at a later date. Applicants must attend the interview to be considered for appointment on a board or commission.
Application forms and supplemental questionnaires are accessible in several ways:
· The City’s website, located on the Boards and Commissions page
· At City Hall, Office of the City Clerk, 555 Santa Clara Street, 3rd Floor, Vallejo, CA
· By Email at email@example.com, or by phone at (707) 648-4527