In order for the District to address a claim against it, a formal claim must be submitted as required by Government Codes 910 and 910.2. If you wish to file a claim against the District, your claim can simply be in the form of a letter to the Board of Directors of the Greater Vallejo Recreation District and must include:
• Your name and address
• Address where you’d like to receive notices
• Date, location, and circumstances surrounding your claim
• A general description of your injuries, damages, etc.
• The name of the employee causing the injury, if known
• The dollar amount claimed and how that number was calculated, if asking for less than $10,000.
• If you’re asking for more than $10,000, indicate whether your lawsuit will be a limited case (under $25,000 and not asking for non-monetary relief) or an unlimited case (over $25,000, or asking for non-monetary relief).
Should you have further reason to contact the District concerning a claim, please contact Human Resources Director Casey Halco at (707) 648-4606 or email@example.com.
Letters may be sent to
GVRD Board of Directors
395 Amador St
Vallejo CA 94590